When people think of a property inspection, they most often picture a pre-purchase inspection. It is an inspection contracted by a buyer before finalizing the purchase of a property.
Buying a home or commercial property is the biggest investment most people will ever make. Having the property evaluated by a highly qualified and expertly trained inspector before the purchase can help insure that you make an informed buying decision.
A building inspection is a thorough visual examination of a property as observed at the time of the inspection. It is designed to give you an unbiased assessment of the condition of the property, its major components and systems, and to identify and explain any defects, deficiencies and safety issues.
A thorough inspection is an essential first step to purchasing any property.
A pre-purchase inspection helps you, the buyer:
- Become aware of any safety issues or potential problems with the property.
- Determine which items in the home (furnace, water heater, roof, etc.) might be nearing the end of their expected service lives.
- Determine the most urgent deficiencies to correct if you decide to purchase the property.
- Understand what steps to take to remediate those deficiencies.
- Understand how to maintain your new home and how to prepare for potential problems in the future.