It is always our goal to complete your building inspection without delays or interruptions. In order to accomplish this, there are a few items that you should attend to before your scheduled inspection. Doing so will help the building inspection run as smoothly as possible. These items include:
– Print, read, and sign the Inspection Agreement
– Read the Terms and Conditions and Standards of Practice
Access to Property
– Arrange for entry to the property with all appropriate parties, including the real estate agent, seller, or builder.
– Insure that the following areas are accessible and free of obstructions:
* crawl spaces
– Insure access to the following items:
* electrical panel
* water heater
* showers and bathtubs
– Insure that any pets are removed from property
(Keep in mind that the National Association of Home Inspectors defines a home inspection as the process by which an inspector visually examines the readily accessible systems and components of a home and describes those systems and components using the NAHI Standard of Practice. It is in your best interest, then, to confirm that all property areas are readily accessible to insure that your inspection is as thorough as possible.)
– A twenty-four hour notice is required to cancel or reschedule your inspection service.